The online Bachelor of Individualized Studies is a versatile degree program in which you will customize and title your program of study in accordance with your post-graduate goals and in collaboration with supportive and enthusiastic faculty mentors. This degree program aims to serve students with the maturity and life experience to participate in the design of their own majors, especially under-served, nontraditional university populations such as returning older students who may have a variety of college credits and work experiences but who would not be as well served by a baccalaureate in any single, standard academic discipline.
Cost Per Credit
Years to Completion
- Demonstrate basic statistical competency.
- Author effective written and oral communication related to disciplinary content.
- Construct documentation that outlines an individualized degree plan, including title, mission statement, and individualized program learning outcomes.
- Assemble a portfolio that demonstrates that individual program learning outcomes have been met.
- Develop strategies for working in teams.
The jobs you can receive with an Individualized Studies degree vary depending on the courses you select. Below are just a few examples of careers but there are a lot of options not listed.
Analyze and coordinate the schedule, timeline, procurement, staffing, and budget of a product or service on a per project basis. Lead and guide the work of technical staff. May serve as a point of contact for the client or customer.
Plan, direct, or coordinate marketing policies and programs, such as determining the demand for products and services offered by a firm and its competitors, and identify potential customers. Develop pricing strategies with the goal of maximizing the firm’s profits or share of the market while ensuring the firm’s customers are satisfied. Oversee product development or monitor trends that indicate the need for new products and services.
Human Resources Manager
Plan, direct, or coordinate human resources activities and staff of an organization. Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
As a non-profit employee you will work in many of the same roles that you would in the public sector. Many of the jobs listed here will also be similar jobs just inside a non-profit organization. You can work in management, finance, membership assistance, compliance coordination, or in many other departments.
Coordinate activities of staff, convention personnel, or clients to make arrangements for group meetings, events, or conventions. Coordinate services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing and event security. Consult with customers to determine objectives and requirements for events, such as meetings, conferences, and conventions.
Fill out an online Dixie State University application and pay the application fee.Application
Transcripts & Test Scores
Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. If not transferring any college credits or transferring less than 24 credits, also submit high school transcripts and ACT, SAT, or placement scores.
January 10, 2022
The next semester and start date for this program.
November 8, 2021
Registration opens for the spring 2022 semester.
How do I apply for admission?
First, determine which category of student you are:
- New Student – A matriculated student who has never attended any college or university, including students who earned credit before graduating from high school.
These students are NOT concurrent enrollment or early enrollment students.
- Transfer Student – A matriculated student who, after high school graduation, attended another college or university and did not attend Dixie State University.
- Returning Student – A matriculated student who previously attended Dixie State University after high school graduation but has not attended in three or more semesters, including students who may have attended another college or university since they were enrolled at Dixie State University.
- International Student – A matriculated or non-matriculated student who is not a U.S. citizen and has not received immigrant status from the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service.
- Non-degree Seeking – A non-matriculated student attending college classes for personal interest, enrichment, or growth.
- Home Schooled – Taught at home using other approved curriculum. Certified by Parent/Guardian.
FOR NEW STUDENTS:
- Completed application
- $35.00 non-refundable fee
- Official high school transcripts or GED scores
- Test results (ACT, SAT, Accuplacer)
- If you are a transfer student, we need official college transcripts for all schools attended. If transferring more than 24 credits, however, then high school transcripts/test scores are not required. Submitting test scores may still be helpful, though, depending on which classes you are enrolling in for prerequisite checking.
- To see requirements for the additional student types, refer to the Admissions Summary Sheet.
How do I order a transcript?
Transcripts can be ordered from your high school or college/university you previously attended. Some schools and institutions allow you to order your transcript online; check with your school for ordering instructions and pricing. For more detailed information on how to order transcripts, please follow the links below.
Please allow time for the transcripts to be received and processed. If you have questions about if we have received your transcripts, you can contact us at 435-879-4323 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How will my credits transfer to Dixie State University?
Why can't I log in to MyDixie?
The most common reasons why students cannot login include:
- You are not fully admitted yet
- You are admitted but aren’t entering the correct login & password (call 435-652-7777)
- You have entered the incorrect password more than three times and have been locked out.
- Your web browser is not accepting cookies (see google’s article: How to Enable Cookies).
Your username is your Dixie ID number (must begin with d).
Is my admissions application complete?
How do I apply for a scholarship?
If you have been admitted by the scholarship deadline, you are automatically considered for all academic scholarships based on your high school GPA and ACT or SAT test scores.