The online Bachelor of Science in Digital Design program spans all forms of visual communication with a unique tie to emerging technologies. You will learn to work in both print and interactive mediums. You will learn to integrate Design Thinking and design theory with hands-on application both in and out of the classroom. Courses in this degree will provide you with experience in motion graphics, information design, interface design, three-dimensional modeling and rendering techniques, and much more!
$211 + Fees
Cost Per Credit
Years to Completion
- Synthesize content into form using the design process.
- Consider different theories, design principles and processes in generating solutions.
- Weigh and apply ethical, legal, and social responsibilities in all aspects of practice.
- Construct effective solutions in teams to accomplish a common goal.
- Author effective visual, oral, and written communication for a range of audiences.
Here are a few examples of jobs you can pursue after completing this degree. This list of jobs is meant to give you an idea of careers you can acquire after completing this degree, but it is not an exhaustive list.
Web and Digital Interface Designer
Design digital user interfaces or websites. Develop and test layouts, interfaces, functionality, and navigation menus to ensure compatibility and usability across browsers or devices. May use web framework applications as well as client-side code and processes. May evaluate web design following web and accessibility standards, and may analyze web use metrics and optimize websites for marketability and search engine ranking. May design and test interfaces that facilitate the human-computer interaction and maximize the usability of digital devices, websites, and software with a focus on aesthetics and design. May create graphics used in websites and manage website content and links.
Design or create graphics to meet specific commercial or promotional needs, such as packaging, displays, or logos. May use a variety of mediums to achieve artistic or decorative effects.
Formulate design concepts and presentation approaches for visual productions and media, such as print, broadcasting, video, and film. Direct workers engaged in artwork or layout design.
Social Media Content Manager
Design and plan social media content for individuals or organizations. Implement design elements across multiple social media platforms and keep a cohesive structure to all content.
In charge of an organizations design needs. You will be in charge of a wide range of design tasks for your specific organization. This could range from developing content for social media, taking pictures for advertising, handling posters for public relations team, help design email templates for in house communications. You will also use a range of software, depending on your organization, to develop this material.
Fill out an online Dixie State University application and pay the application fee.Application
Transcripts & Test Scores
Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. If not transferring any college credits or transferring less than 24 credits, also submit high school transcripts and ACT, SAT, or placement scores.
January 10, 2022
The next semester and start date for this program.
November 8, 2021
Registration opens for the spring 2022 semester.
How do I apply for admission?
First, determine which category of student you are:
- New Student – A matriculated student who has never attended any college or university, including students who earned credit before graduating from high school.
These students are NOT concurrent enrollment or early enrollment students.
- Transfer Student – A matriculated student who, after high school graduation, attended another college or university and did not attend Dixie State University.
- Returning Student – A matriculated student who previously attended Dixie State University after high school graduation but has not attended in three or more semesters, including students who may have attended another college or university since they were enrolled at Dixie State University.
- International Student – A matriculated or non-matriculated student who is not a U.S. citizen and has not received immigrant status from the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service.
- Non-degree Seeking – A non-matriculated student attending college classes for personal interest, enrichment, or growth.
- Home Schooled – Taught at home using other approved curriculum. Certified by Parent/Guardian.
FOR NEW STUDENTS:
- Completed application
- $35.00 non-refundable fee
- Official high school transcripts or GED scores
- Test results (ACT, SAT, Accuplacer)
- If you are a transfer student, we need official college transcripts for all schools attended. If transferring more than 24 credits, however, then high school transcripts/test scores are not required. Submitting test scores may still be helpful, though, depending on which classes you are enrolling in for prerequisite checking.
- To see requirements for the additional student types, refer to the Admissions Summary Sheet.
How do I order a transcript?
Transcripts can be ordered from your high school or college/university you previously attended. Some schools and institutions allow you to order your transcript online; check with your school for ordering instructions and pricing. For more detailed information on how to order transcripts, please follow the links below.
Please allow time for the transcripts to be received and processed. If you have questions about if we have received your transcripts, you can contact us at 435-879-4323 or email us at email@example.com.
How will my credits transfer to Dixie State University?
Once we have received your transcripts our registrars office will perform a transcript evaluation. This will tell us and you how your credits will transfer. You can also use our Transfer Guide to give you an idea of how your credits will transfer. For your previous design courses you’ll also work with your academic advisor to assess those on a case-by-case basis after your transcripts have been added to your transcripts.
Why can't I log in to MyDixie?
The most common reasons why students cannot login include:
- You are not fully admitted yet
- You are admitted but aren’t entering the correct login & password (call 435-652-7777)
- You have entered the incorrect password more than three times and have been locked out.
- Your web browser is not accepting cookies (see google’s article: How to Enable Cookies).
Your username is your Dixie ID number (must begin with d).
Is my admissions application complete?
How do I apply for a scholarship?
If you have been admitted by the scholarship deadline, you are automatically considered for all academic scholarships based on your high school GPA and ACT or SAT test scores.