We are pleased to offer scholarship help specifically for our newly-enrolled RN-BSN Online students. If you’ve been considering coming back to school to earn your bachelors degree in nursing, this is the perfect time for you! Read on to find out more about these one-time scholarship funds.
What is the Adult Learner Scholarship?
The Adult Learner Scholarship consists of funds set aside specifically to assist adult students (26 years of age or older) in the state of Utah to boost their careers. The scholarship provides one-time funds for qualifying students who are admitted and enroll during the Spring 2022 and Summer 2022 semesters*, with a preference for students residing in rural areas of the state. The deadline to apply for these scholarship funds is February 18, 2022 for the spring semester, and June 15, 2022 for the summer semester. Funds will be dispersed on a first-come, first-served basis.
* Please note that the RN-BSN Program is completely online, and runs on a block system instead of the usual semester system. That means we have 6 start dates throughout the year, and the four start dates during the spring and summer semesters are eligible to receive funds.
Who Is Eligible?
Wondering if you’re eligible to receive the Adult Learner Scholarship? In order to qualify, you must:
- Be a Utah resident, with preference for those living in rural areas of the state (any county excluding Salt Lake, Weber, Davis, and Utah)
- Be aged 26 years or older by June 30, 2022
- Apply to DSU, be accepted, and enroll at least part-time in the RN-BSN Online program in Spring or Summer semester 2022
- Demonstrate financial need as a Pell eligible student by completing the 2021-2022 FAFSA
How Do I Apply?
|If you’re ready to start the journey, here are your next steps:|
For questions specifically regarding the scholarship, contact the Scholarship Office at Dixie State University. For questions specifically regarding the RN-BSN Program at DSU, please contact Dr. Michelle McDermott, the Program Coordinator.